Soulful, Steady, Healing Presence
I provide a warm and steady presence that seeks to harness the innate, wired-in, biological drive toward healing that we each hold. I will champion your Core Self to transform personal and relational wounds that hold you back from living a flourishing life. I weave various specialties into my practice as a psychotherapist including Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy and Emotionally Focused Therapy while integrating spiritual and energetic practices as I companion clients into deeper, more soulful living.
Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) and Core Self Reclamation Therapy (CSRT) informs much of my approach to our work and lends itself to discovery of what is already present and known on a deeper level in the Core Self. In AEDP, we use research-informed interventions to produce the ideal conditions for healing to come through. Change happens through experience and creating a secure, safe therapeutic relationship is a foundation for transformation. I will be actively engaged and directing you to foster new and healing experiences. As sacred companions working together, I will help you discover what naturally wants to come forth, leaning into the parts of you that already hold the truth of who you are, self-compassion, divine love, grace and healing. Research indicates that the best predictor of therapeutic success is how safe and connected you feel with your therapist. As such, I'm happy to provide a 15 min consultation free of charge to those who are searching for the right fit.
Professional Training and Experience
• Over 20 years’ experience in the field (hospital, community, church, university and private practice)
• Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling, Eastern Mennonite University
• Licensed Professional Counselor in State of Virginia #0701006596
• Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy, level III
• Trained in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
• Trained in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Spiritual Awakening Masterclasses
• Certificate in Spiritual Formation and Youth Ministry, Eastern Mennonite University
• Reiki Level I
• Member of American Counselors Association, Virginia Counselors Association, Central Valley Counselors Association, and AEDP Institute.
Dana B. Blauch